It's the Little Things that Make a Difference
Lately I’ve come to realize that the small gestures such as sending a card to a family member or asking how someone is doing – can make a huge difference. This past week I sent five small packages to family and friends along with cards as well. The responses and calls I received by just simply sending a small gift made me realize how I had brightened someones day just by spreading a little bit of kindness.
If you think about it- if you felt lonely or were having a rough day and a friend called you to say hello- wouldn’t it brighten your day?
Something that requires little to no money or effort can make a huge difference.
My goal starting now- is to do a little something everyday to make a difference or brighten someones day. Here is some things I plan to do (and you can too!):
- Call a friend just to say “Hi” and see how they are doing
- Send cards or gifts to family and friends
- Say “Hello” to a person on the street or who is providing you a service and ask them how they are doing
- Find ways to volunteer (even virtually for now!)
- Spread positivity on social media
- Look for ways you can add value, connect or help individuals
Just by doing these simple things you are making a difference!