Creating your personal brand is one of the most important steps in creating your overall business. It is ultimately the foundation. Your personal brand structure will include the colors you use, the fonts, the style and ultimately determine the audience you plan to attract.
Your personal brand is ultimately representing YOU. Meaning what is going to reflect you and how you want to represent yourself to others. When determining your personal brand here is a few questions to start with:
Three words you would use to describe yourself?
Three words others would you to describe you?
Your favorite color(s)?
Three of your favorite activities or passions?
What talents/skills are you offering?
What are your strengthens?
What group of people/audience are you going to be attracting?
How can you bring value?
These questions ultimately trigger a relative idea of what your brand should be. For example here is how I came up with my brand:
- I used the color blue in my brand since my favorite color is blue- and I’ve always liked blue since I love water (including swimming), my sign is Cancer (a water sign) and my name has always been associated with the little mermaid.
- I chose Design with Arielle as my logo/website/brand name since I wanted to include my name but also suggest the service I am offering.
- Since I am offering design services and am in the creative field I wanted the fonts to include a fun, creative style but also simple and clean to read
Ultimately these brand features need to be consistent in all of your materials. So once you decide on the general ideas of your brand here are the steps:
- Finalize the fonts (wouldn’t have more than 2-3 fonts) and Colors (also wouldn’t have more than 3-4 colors)
- Design the logo- can simply include your colors or fonts or another image/design reflecting your personal brand
- Include the logo, fonts, and colors on all materials moving forward including your website, social media, emails, etc.